Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Depends on how often you charge it.

Because it’s a Plus model, I guess you don’t go through a charge cycle each day which means your battery will degrade less quickly than smaller batteries.

My iPhone 13, which is 1 year and 3 months old, is now at 89% because I go through an entire charge cycle every single day.

It’s all relative.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

itsmeorthedog

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Depends on how often you charge it.

Because it’s a Plus model, I guess you don’t go through a charge cycle each day which means your battery will degrade less quickly than smaller batteries.

My iPhone 13, which is 1 year and 3 months old, is now at 89% because I go through an entire charge cycle every single day.

It’s all relative.
Charge it every day on my way to and from work and while at the house.

Maybe I got lucky, but still impressed with the battery.

Last edited:

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Charge it every day on my way to and from work and while at the house.

Maybe I got lucky, but still impressed with the battery.
Depends on charge cycles. If you’re using 80-90% of the battery each day then you’ll likely cause battery degradation. If you’re a heavy user your battery will take a hit.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
So just wanted to point out that after 2 years of use, my iPhone 14 Plus stands at 97% battery capacity which is pretty impressive.

**end of communiqué**
Under settings > Privacy and security > location services > system services, Do you have all the toggles there enabled or some of them disabled? Also, do you have significant locations turned On?

These system services can have a dratstic impact on battery life.

RinkDinkus

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2022
Instagram: maxzeuner
Mine’s at 96% after getting it end of November 2022. I don’t charge overnight but do sit it in a Qi dock at my 9-5.

I did check the prefs like Benz said and turned off significant locations. My phone doesn’t need to know where my home and work are, I already know these things

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Mine’s at 96% after getting it end of November 2022. I don’t charge overnight but do sit it in a Qi dock at my 9-5.

I did check the prefs like Benz said and turned off significant locations. My phone doesn’t need to know where my home and work are, I already know these things
Believe it or not, i actually get better battery life on my iPhone 15 Pro by having all the system services under that system services page ENABLED as opposed to disabled (including significant locations). I did A/B testing to evaluate the impact of disabling some of these system services that appeared to be unnecessary at a first glance and was surprised to find out my battery life was actually impacted for the worse so i reverted to enable all these system services on except for the ones under "Product Improvement" as they offer no benefit whatsoever.

From a privacy standpoint, thats a whole different story (Whether you want your significant locations logged and tracked) and is completely up-to you to decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.