Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
If they would make the pro phones lighter, I would pony up for them. But they're too heavy.

Reactions: uller6

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
If they would make the pro phones lighter, I would pony up for them. But they're too heavy.
15 pro and max SHOULD be lighter IF they truly use Titainum around the phone and not stainless steel.. but the camera bump and weight will keep it most likely top heavy and overall heavy. I imagine weight with come DOWN a tad from 14 PRO and PRO MAX.

doozenberg

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2023
I have a 14 plus, hadn’t really expected to upgrade after trying the 14 pro max (which was too heavy and big, and top heavy IMHO).. but coming from my trusty 8 PLUS, the 14 PLUS is exactly the same size and weight, literally SAME and felt great but with bigger screen and current internals. Having the SAT capability is nice to just have.

I bought a 14 plus “used” from Gazelle for $550, and it was perfect. AT&T Locked (but ATT my carrier unlocked it in a week) I figured that for that money I’d be easily able to do a trade in for the 15 PLUS or possibly PRO MAX this fall and get ALMOST what I paid for it.

Why doesn’t apple show any trade in values for current phones today? Say, I’d like to buy a 14 pro max now (my god, what idiot would do that) and it won’t show any 14, 14 pro or 14 plus trade in values.

Anyway, on various third party sites the 14 PLUS 128GB is $720 ish… that seems crazy. I guess they are maybe already pricing in a $100 increase to most likely every phone, entry lines and pro lines included.

So, now to either sell it now for this amount, put that towards a 15 in 2-3 months (I could still go back to my trusty 8 plus for a few months.

I think the PLUS line though is here to stay, MANY ppl don’t need 50Megapixel images, 5x tele zooms, dynamic islands (although this appears to be coming to ALL lines this fall)
Amazon renewed premium (1 year return policy) on the 14 Plus 512 gb is roughly $300 cheaper than new right now, factoring in impending $100 retail price drop. Wondering how much more this will drop if at all after the launch of the 15 plus?

doozenberg

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2023
For posterity, in case anyone wondering in the future about renewed premium iPhones, the price of this phone actually increased by roughly $50 in the days leading up to the launch and stayed up the day of and following launch. The low came 2 weeks prior to launch at the time of above post. My guess is demand spiked once people realized they actually just want the older model, and renewed premium isn’t a bad way to go for deal hunters willing to accept some risk and a 1 year Amazon return policy. The one I got had 100% battery health capacity and zero cosmetic flaws.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
For posterity, in case anyone wondering in the future about renewed premium iPhones, the price of this phone actually increased by roughly $50 in the days leading up to the launch and stayed up the day of and following launch. The low came 2 weeks prior to launch at the time of above post. My guess is demand spiked once people realized they actually just want the older model, and renewed premium isn’t a bad way to go for deal hunters willing to accept some risk and a 1 year Amazon return policy. The one I got had 100% battery health capacity and zero cosmetic flaws.
I think ppl also MAY not like ANY of the new base iphone 15 colors, and the upgrade isn’t worth the squeeze.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.