Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJeff0124

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2021
So I’m trying to decide between a 128gb 14 pro or 256gb 13 pro max? Both are brand new. The 128gb 14 pro is about $50 - $100 (average of $75 more) in my country. Because, I don’t live in the US so please don’t recommend me to spend a little more for the max or higher capacity or whatever (it is out of my budget) It’s very expensive here where I live, going from the 14 pro to pro max is up to $200 more compared to $100 in the US and going from 128gb to 256gb is up to $300 more compared to $100 more in the US. By the way, the 14 pro 128gb is $1350 and the 13 pro max 256gb is $1250 - $1300. (NOTE: all prices above are converted to US dollars and also my country has the prices above tax included already). I can’t decide if I should just get the latest model but have less storage, smaller screen and battery or get last year’s model but with more storage, bigger screen and battery. Which model would you personally get/which one is a better deal if any of you were in my situation? Please share your opinions, recommendation, guide etc.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
So I’m trying to decide between a 128gb 14 pro or 256gb 13 pro max? Both are brand new. The 128gb 14 pro is about $50 - $100 (average of $75 more) in my country. Because, I don’t live in the US so please don’t recommend me to spend a little more for the max or higher capacity or whatever (it is out of my budget) It’s very expensive here where I live, going from the 14 pro to pro max is up to $200 more compared to $100 in the US and going from 128gb to 256gb is up to $300 more compared to $100 more in the US. By the way, the 14 pro 128gb is $1350 and the 13 pro max 256gb is $1250 - $1300. (NOTE: all prices above are converted to US dollars and also my country has the prices above tax included already). I can’t decide if I should just get the latest model but have less storage, smaller screen and battery or get last year’s model but with more storage, bigger screen and battery. Which model would you personally get/which one is a better deal if any of you were in my situation? Please share your opinions, recommendation, guide etc.

Your post seems a bit confusing to me but if I understand correctly you're trying to decide between 128 GB 14 Pro or 256 GB 13 Pro Max.

This is an easy question. How much storage do you currently use? If it's close to exceeding 128 GB then there's your answer.

Do you like a larger or smaller screen? That's a big personal preference that other people really can't help you with. Some people absolutely hate larger screens while others feel they're a must.

Finally I'd say both phones will perform about the same. I had the 13 Pro Max and currently have the 14 Pro Max. There's some design differences but other than do you prefer a notch over the dynamic island? It's like do you like Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese. It's another personal thing that may or may not mean anything to you.

Reactions: Splitrail

iJeff0124

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2021
Your post seems a bit confusing to me but if I understand correctly you're trying to decide between 128 GB 14 Pro or 256 GB 13 Pro Max.

This is an easy question. How much storage do you currently use? If it's close to exceeding 128 GB then there's your answer.

Do you like a larger or smaller screen? That's a big personal preference that other people really can't help you with. Some people absolutely hate larger screens while others feel they're a must.

Finally I'd say both phones will perform about the same. I had the 13 Pro Max and currently have the 14 Pro Max. There's some design differences but other than do you prefer a notch over the dynamic island? It's like do you like Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese. It's another personal thing that may or may not mean anything to you.
Yes that’s right 14 pro 128gb or 13 pro max 256gb

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Personally I’d do the 13 Pro Max as I have been wanting to switch back to a bigger phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.