Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

landshark2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2020
I recently added some albums to my music collection. I use an external Mac disc drive to import onto my Mini. I have always had my music libraries organized alphabetical chronological, by artist last name when not a band (John Abercrombie comes before Acoustic Alchemy), so I meticulously edit the album info sections. And I have imported album artwork for all the albums that the Mac Music app either doesn't have or isn't correct. On my Mini, the album view of my library is as I desire, including having Frank Zappa in the Z's.

After adding the new albums, and completing the info edits, I was required to update the software on my iPhone before syncing was allowed. Now prior to this, there were what I'll call errors on my iPhone's Music library. For instance a few Abercrombie collaborations that I've "sorted" as Abercrombie albums on the Mini, don't get sorted like that on my iPhone, the Zappa albums are in the F's and multiple non Ozric Tentacles albums had random Ozric Tentacles artwork.

Things are even worse after my most recent syncing, which I repeated. Now many albums seem to have been split up so that on the iPhone, each song shows as an album, and the previously listed errors remain. I am not interested in jumping through small hoops to edit all these errors on my iPhone, but now the numerous single song entries in my album view make it a hassle for me to listen to full albums off my iPhone, which is the way I prefer to listen to my music.

Has anybody figured out a solution to these errors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.