Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
I can’t tell if it was due to the latest update or my battery is the cause.

It’s battery health is at 90% now, but it’s only been this past week that my iPhone 14 Pro is just hot just doing the most mundane tasks like writing notes or thinking of reminders.

Low Power Mode kinda helps I noticed. I am experiencing mild battery drain.

Anyone else?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Impossible. Only 15 Pro/ 15ProMax are abnormally hot. Bunch of threads saying it's a hardware issue and couldn't be software related.. I hope more forum members with phones other than the 15 Pro/ ProMax start posting their experience with iOS17 causing battery/overheating issues so the YouTube groupies stop blaming it on the titanium, A17Pro or 15 series in general.. iOS17 is just as effed up as iOS16 was

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023

It’s battery health is at 90% now, but it’s only been this past week that my iPhone 14 Pro is just hot just doing the most mundane tasks like writing notes or thinking of reminders.

Anyone else?
not with mine

Reactions: kitKAC and symphony

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010

Anyone else?

I was seeing noticeably worse battery life on my 14 Pro on iOS 17.0. With 17.0.3 things are back to normal and possibly a little better. The other morning I had a 2 hour commute and made it an hour in before I realized I forgot to plug the phone in with maps/gps running and playing a live stream on YouTube of a daily podcast I like over cellular. The battery was still at 96% when I noticed and plugged it in. I was pretty surprised by that.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Still get battery drain with aod on, went from 35% to 0 overnight last night.
Turned it off again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.