Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
hi, I sent an iPhone 14 pro max for assistance due to a burn in display problem, I would like to know if anyone has had experience if they replace the phone with a new and not refurbished one because I bought it a few months ago and it is brand new

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Whenever they replace under warranty, they give you a “refurbished” one but it looks and feels brand new. It comes in a blank white box.

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
but I thought that since it is still the latest model only until 22 because then the 15 pro max comes out, I don't think they will replace it with a remanufactured one, they will have brand new stocks available

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
because I brought an Apple Watch Series 5 for assistance and they replaced it with a brand new one, I checked the model number and it starts with the letter M

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Ah that’s a good point. In that case I’m not fully sure what they may do. It could depend on what your store has in stock.

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I sent it for assistance because I noticed the burn in problem and a halo at the height of the dynamic island

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Ah yeah they should give you a replacement for that one way or another. Hopefully a brand new one so good luck!

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
but is there a possibility that I will be replaced with the 15 pro max or is it impossible? because the price of the 15 pro max here in Europe has decreased by €150 compared to the 14 pro max, some time ago I read that a user had it replaced with the next model. you have to have a lot of luck😂

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I think these days they have a lot of stock of the iPhone 15 in their warehouses as they put it on sale on September 22nd

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Hmm usually they do that when the model you have is pretty old and they no longer have any stock of it, so their only option is to give you the next one. But wouldn’t hurt to ask them nicely if it’s possible!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Oh sorry, I thought you were taking it in store. Since you sent it in, I’m not sure. You could try calling support if you’d like.

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I sent it for assistance with the courier and the support told me that perhaps the technician can call me to offer me any solutions

Reactions: Brad7

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
You will get the same model that you sent in for repairs. Apple is not going to give you a new 15 model. You will always get a white box model that is refurbished.

They will not send you a new 14 Pro Max despite when you got it.

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
in reality they can also replace it with a brand new one, it has already happened to me with another product

maxmattia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
if they are understandable and kind since I explained to them that it is only a few months old and is flawless they should also replace it with a new one, it doesn't cost them anything

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It will be new, or “remanufactured” - a bit different than refurbished; remans always have all-new exterior (including display) and battery. Only circuit boards & electronics are potentially harvested from prior use.

Either way, it’ll come in a plain white box & it’ll have a new serial so you won’t only not know if it’s new or reman, there’s really no way to tell. And yes, it will definitely be the model you sent in & not a 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.