Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Payton34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
Did anyone pre-order 2 iPhone Pro Max in different colors and plan on keeping both? I know this sounds crazy but I wanted Space Black and Deep Purple! Space Black comes on 9/16 with the Deep Purple delivering 10/18 - 10/25. If I am not 100% satisfied with Deep Purple, I will return it.

Just curious if anyone else did the same thing?

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I only order what I intend to keep. If I order two because I couldn’t decide at the moment, I will cancel one before it gets shipped. Are you planning on actually keeping two?

Reactions: Payton34 and max2

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Did anyone pre-order 2 iPhone Pro Max in different colors and plan on keeping both? I know this sounds crazy but I wanted Space Black and Deep Purple! Space Black comes on 9/16 with the Deep Purple delivering 10/18 - 10/25. If I am not 100% satisfied with Deep Purple, I will return it.

Just curious if anyone else did the same thing?
Or if you live near the apple store, maybe visit the apple store and play around with the DP? I know it's not a great experience but you can go see the colors

Reactions: Payton34 and max2

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I ordered the a pro and a pro max. I plan on cancelling one before Friday, but I still can’t decide. I might end up keeping both, but I’m not sure how easy it is to swap esim back and forth.

Reactions: Payton34

Payton34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
I only order what I intend to keep. If I order two because I couldn’t decide at the moment, I will cancel one before it gets shipped. Are you planning on actually keeping two?
I'm not sure. I'm actually hoping I hate Deep Purple or absolutely love it and will return one of them in October when I get the second phone.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
No - I’ve ordered more than one colour but will only keep one. I use cases and as they are more affordable (and more convenient) to flip flop between than phones that is how I would manage the desire to switch colours.

Thankfully mine scheduled to arrive all on the 16th.

Some people say that people who buy iPhones have more money than sense and I disagree but perhaps people who buy 2 for different colours are (unless completely rationale in their case to have 2 e.g. for a backup)

Payton34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
I ordered the a pro and a pro max. I plan on cancelling one before Friday, but I still can’t decide. I might end up keeping both, but I’m not sure how easy it is to swap esim back and forth.
That was my question too. How easy will esim be in the event I want to keep both. It's a crazy thought but I am at least entertaining it for now lol.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
That was my question too. How easy will esim be in the event I want to keep both. It's a crazy thought but I am at least entertaining it for now lol.
Definitely not as quick and easy as swapping out a physical sim but there is everything else that is on the phone:cloud. Think you would need to go though same process as you do when setting up /transferring back up as you fi when upgrading. No biggie if you only swapped over every few weeks but not if you want to switch about every few days.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Definitely not as quick and easy as swapping out a physical sim but there is everything else that is on the phone:cloud. Think you would need to go though same process as you do when setting up /transferring back up as you fi when upgrading. No biggie if you only swapped over every few weeks but not if you want to switch about every few days.

Both my son and I are on iOS 16 and on esim. When I select cellular, add esim, his phone prompts to transfer his phone’s # to mine. Of course, I didn’t try it. I don’t want his phone # on my phone, but if it’s that easy, it’ll be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.