Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
California, SF
I was using my iPhone to play music by a pool. It was in the sun for a long time and fell into the water. It gave me the Lime Green Screen, but I can tell the phone is still working as it makes noises when it gets mail, app notifications etc. I live in a town that doesnt have an Apple Store, so Apple directs you to their authorized partner, Best Buy. Best Buy took the phone, but determined their was water damage so they can not / would not fix it.
I believe it is only the screen. I am willing to assume the risk, as their is data I want to get off of it, that is not backed up. Do you have any recommendations on who I might be able to send or take the phone to for repair of the screen?
Thanks in advance for any advice

kerwinox_

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2024
Cracow/Poland
Problem with the iPhone's is that they are not waterproof, apple never give you a warranty if the device have a contact with damage. But sometimes the problem is with a screen like you said. Probably new screen can solve the problem but you must to search service that don't have authorization by Apple but they can make a profesional repair on a OG components.

cmanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
California, SF
Thanks for your feedback. I found a 3rd party who opened up the phone. He said ultimately that the water damage was too extensive. So... parts on Ebay. :(
Non the less I appreciate your suggestions and quick response!

Reactions: kerwinox_

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for your feedback. I found a 3rd party who opened up the phone. He said ultimately that the water damage was too extensive. So... parts on Ebay. :(
Non the less I appreciate your suggestions and quick response!
Sometimes the white indicator patch indide the SIM tray slot shows red which doesn’t need dismsntling to diagnose water ingress, but there lot more indicators inside, An iphone with water inside is a dead iphone, or one which will die a slow death.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.