Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Berlin, Germany
My friend offered to order my iPhone 14 Pro through his account, since he is an Apple Store employee and gets 17% discount. However, as he is trying to order, the website does not give him the option to order. The button is missing. I do not have this issue (German version of the Apple website), the website simply tells me that it will be delivered in a month's time.

Is there a restriction for Apple Employees that we're not aware of? I remember that this was a thing 15 years ago, when the first iPhone came out in the Netherlands. I worked at a store and frustratingly was not allowed to put my order in until we had them in stock.

Maybe I'm completely off base and there is another reason. But I'd love to get my order in!

Reactions: gavro and rr1995

bob_zz123

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2017
Often new products do not appear on the employee EPP web stores for a little while after their launch (some, not all products). You may just have to wait a little while so any stock issues are worked out and then it'll be available for employees to purchase at a discounted price. Maybe a month or so, so you'd just have to weight up whether you'd rather have the discount in the future, or the phone now at full price.

There is a "personal" store (strictly personal use only by Apple employees with a slightly higher discount %) and a "friends and family" store, I think it is available for "personal" discount but not F&F right now.

Reactions: hooks

hooks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Often new products do not appear on the employee EPP web stores for a little while after their launch (some, not all products). You may just have to wait a little while so any stock issues are worked out and then it'll be available for employees to purchase at a discounted price. There is a "personal" store (personal use by Apple employees strictly with a slightly higher discount %) and a "friends and family" store, I think it is available for "personal" discount but not F&F right now.
Thanks, that makes sense! I'll just be a good and patient person then.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
No surprise here really, most companies would prioritize paying customers over employees buying a supply constrained product at launch at a discount.

Reactions: asus389

hooks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Berlin, Germany
No surprise here really, most companies would prioritize paying customers over employees buying a supply constrained product at launch at a discount.
Absolutely. Would be nice if they communicated that though, so we wouldn't waste time wondering where the darn ORDER button went ;)

Reactions: compwiz1202

Schismz

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
EPP is 25% off, but new product launches with limited supply -- and this goes back to pre-COVID and supply chain constraints -- often take months to show up as being available. It depends an awful lot on what it is that you're trying to buy. Mac Pro 2019, available on day 1. new iPhone? eh.... wait a few weeks/month. This is not new, it's always been the same.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
Absolutely. Would be nice if they communicated that though, so we wouldn't waste time wondering where the darn ORDER button went ;)
Likely not that high of a priority making the F&F site user friendly. It’s not like this audience is going to go anywhere.

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
my experience is it can be 2 to 3 weeks before new products become available for friends and family discounts.

Unfortunately my friend who works at Apple has used up his quota for phones this year, so I'll probably have to pay full price.

marques75

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2022
is the iphone 14 pro/pro max available now on EPP F&F?
pls could someone update when available! would be super helpful :D

hoping by end of this month...

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
EPP is 25% off, but new product launches with limited supply -- and this goes back to pre-COVID and supply chain constraints -- often take months to show up as being available. It depends an awful lot on what it is that you're trying to buy. Mac Pro 2019, available on day 1. new iPhone? eh.... wait a few weeks/month. This is not new, it's always been the same.

with the 25% EPP, can employees use Apple Card on Apple Pay to get an additional 3% Apple Cash back?

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.