Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Hey MacRumors community, it's about that time again! I figure I do some early prep work for my iPhone 14 Pro upgrade (coming from a 13 Pro)

So usually, I have done my upgrades through AT&T Next and just grabbed my new iPhone on launch day. This year however, I wanted to join the iPhone Upgrade Program and start that process before pre-orders go live (pre-quality, etc).

I wanted to prep by running through the current iPhone Upgrade Program experience, and type in everything as usual, but I got this very confusing screen:

1660862236358.png

So, does this mean I'd be able to buy my phone on pre-order morning/night fine? Does this mean it wouldn't work until I pay off my AT&T Next balance? I'd love to just start using a new phone with AT&T on the iPhone Upgrade Program, so advice welcome! I am all for that 512GB Space Grey iPhone 14 Pro this year.

Or, should I just use the Apple Card Monthly Installments?

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Your Next plan shouldn't matter if you are joining the IUP. You wont be able to trade the phone in and get the loan forgiveness because its the first year you are joining IUP. So you will be responsible for paying off the old phone with AT&T and either selling it, trading it in or keeping it.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
That line is attached to an iPhone under next. You can pay it off and sale it. That should remove next plan. Or add a new line under apple upgrade program. You still have to pay off next though. I have AT&T as well. I haven’t used next since I joined AUP 3 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.