Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaguarApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
Hello everyone,
I hope everybody is OK.

I have a question is that ;

I bought a new Iphone 14 Pro(from the market not Apple Store) with a closed boxed at 10.06.23. I took it out of the box myself and I activated.
When I check the warranty date at Setup,I see that it is 02.06.24. ( normally should be 09.06.24 ? )

When I searched why is it,Someone say warranty date could be 1 day to 1 week ago ( due to system problem) from the activating phone,and some other says that the warranty starts from the purchasing date.(I dont know when it is purchased by market from Apple Store)

Anyone have a idea from this situation.

Thank you everyone ,

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
If you contact apple support and show them your proof of purchase they’ll update the warranty start date to when you, as the end user, purchased the device.

JaguarApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
If you contact apple support and show them your proof of purchase they’ll update the warranty start date to when you, as the end user, purchased the device.
Thanks for reply.It is not problem for me that I have a 1 week less warranty.
I only wonder is it normal situation or not ?
Why warranty expired date is 1 week less is shown. I suspect that the device were activated 1 weeks ago from any other person ( I think it is not possible because of I took it out from the box )

Thank you

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It's always based on activation date. That is when you turn on the device and you go through the setup process. If it's any other date, the iPhone may have previously been unboxed and resealed.

Reactions: Devyn89

JaguarApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
Yep,but a lot of people say warranty expired date could be 1-8 days earlier than 10.06(activation date) . They Said it is a system error and If this date no more than 10 days , may it is not any problem
Why I ask this question

Thanks a lot

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Yep,but a lot of people say warranty expired date could be 1-8 days earlier than 10.06(activation date) . They Said it is a system error and If this date no more than 10 days , may it is not any problem
Why I ask this question

Thanks a lot

No system error. It's pretty simple programming. Today activation = today warranty start.

If the warranty started earlier, it means it was activated earlier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.