Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2023
Hello everyone! I have problem with screen flickering on my IPhone 14, which I have been using for 2 months. It usually happens at low brightness or at the minimum brightness of the iPhone 14 screen. When I open photos app, the screen is flashing briefly and then becomes normal. and when I exit photos app or quickly switch to another app, or home screen or another app like Settings, the screen flickers again and then it becomes normal. it's not like a flash, it’s like the brightness of the screen is trying to adjust to the content (from hdr content to non-hdr content). When I open photos app again, the flickering happens again. This is especially noticeable on the low brightness of the iPhone. I don't remember if it was before iOS 16.4. Also something similar happens in the Instagram and YouTube when watching HDR video. But it most noticeable in the photos app. It seems to me that this is a software problem with HDR content. But I'm very worried that it could be a hardware problem. When I turn off the HDR in Settings or when I turn on White point reduction the flickering stops. Maybe someone has such a problem? I hope I'm not the only one☹️🥺

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.