Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
When I move to a weak wifi area in the backyard the iphone will not auto switch to data. If I turn off wifi the data works great and then when in a stronger wifi area i have to turn wifi back on. I've tried all the suggestions...any advice helpful. (T-mobile unlimited data service) Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: Clamjuice65

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
Think they all do this if they have a solid connection, even if the data is ssllooww on that wifi connection

I just always simply turned the Wi-Fi off if it sucked, seems like a simple solution, plus for security I don’t want to switch data sources unless I tell it to

Reactions: Boca

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Think they all do this if they have a solid connection, even if the data is ssllooww on that wifi connection

I just always simply turned the Wi-Fi off if it sucked, seems like a simple solution, plus for security I don’t want to switch data sources unless I tell it to
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just switch off the wifi manually and use data when wifi is weak.

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023
When I move to a weak wifi area in the backyard the iphone will not auto switch to data. If I turn off wifi the data works great and then when in a stronger wifi area i have to turn wifi back on. I've tried all the suggestions...any advice helpful. (T-mobile unlimited data service) Thanks for any advice.
Probably bad modem take back to apple get it checked out

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Yep. Mine always stays connected even to those pesky Wi-Fi hot spots out and around town. Get zero throughput until I reverify my guest log in credentials all over again. I think using don’t auto connect worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.