Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
UK
Seen rumours of the 15 Pro / Pro Max sporting the Qualcomm X70 modem, not clear if this also includes the standard iPhone 15 . I think traditionally the pro and non pro iPhones of the same year shared the same modem, but now the CPUs are different, I wonder if this year we will see different modems in the two models ? I'm hoping the standard iPhone 15 has the X70 though...

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
We should know just by looking at the modem firmware in Settings > About.

Apple didn't bifurcate the modems last year even when the SoC was different, so I don't think it'll happen this year.

Reactions: magicMac

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
UK
We should know just by looking at the modem firmware in Settings > About.

Apple didn't bifurcate the modems last year even when the SoC was different, so I don't think it'll happen this year.

Got my 15, Modem firmware under "Settings->About" shows 1.00.03. Not sure which modem this is, perhaps if someone with a 15 Pro can compare this value that will give us a clue. Might have to wait until some detailed teardowns.

Reactions: JPack

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
Got my 15, Modem firmware under "Settings->About" shows 1.00.03. Not sure which modem this is, perhaps if someone with a 15 Pro can compare this value that will give us a clue. Might have to wait until some detailed teardowns.
Same firmware on my 15 Pro.

Reactions: magicMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.