Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So I sold my iPhone 14 pro a few weeks ago and been using an iPhone 11. Only thing I miss is dynamic island. Anyway I prefer a 128gb pro after having a 256 and lots of unused space last year. Cancelled it today as delivery was 3 weeks then picked a standard model for collection on launch cancelled and ordered another Pro from currys only to cancel that. So what next? I’m due £800 store credit back to my iTunes as I bought this voucher months ago. I was tempted to buy from currys and buy a new watch to replace my SE. Seems such a small gap between the 15 and 15 pro unlike the 14 which was almost a 13. So I just stick to the standard model or wait for Pro estimated almost 4 weeks away now?

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I have the 15 pro on pre-order but am still not sure about it. The regular 15 is such a great phone now and like you say, the difference between 15 and 15 pro is minuscule since im not that interested in the pro video stuff etc. Basically all I care about is having the best possible camera.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I have the 15 pro on pre-order but am still not sure about it. The regular 15 is such a great phone now and like you say, the difference between 15 and 15 pro is minuscule since im not that interested in the pro video stuff etc. Basically all I care about is having the best possible camera.
And seemingly there’s issues with 128gb and video I read today so that’s an issue going for a 128gb model. I actually never used Raw much on my 14 pro as it took too much space

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
My fear is expect a button and extra camera i won’t tell the difference day to day. My iPhone 11 in a case feels like the iPhone 14 pro except the island.

262Runnr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
NC
I've had my 13 Pro for 2 years now, great phone....no issues and the camera works great. I initially placed an order for the 15 Pro but after reading reports of how easily the back glass can break and how the whole "Titanium" thing is really just a marketing point, I cancelled my order. I"ll hold off for a while until the dust settles and most likely just keep my 13 Pro until next September...

Reactions: BrightCanon

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
Went from regular 12 to regular 15, mostly because of the island, haven't bought a "pro" in years. Zero regrets, very nice phone for "almost reasonable" money. The "pro" models are way overhyped and overpriced, and between the "titaniumgate" heat issues and "cropgate" camera issues (where the 5x "telephoto" is really just a fullsize crop of the 48mp sensor) I'll stick with the regular!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.