Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Curious, I just checked available stock if iPhone 15 Plus models. Most seem to be sold out all over NYC today. There are some iPhone 15 regular sell outs as well, but more available.

So it seems this iPhone 15 Plus may actually sell OK this year? I know few Macrumors posters will have it as people here buy the Pro Phones, but this Plus could be a winner. Seems like we will have Plus phones for a while

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I’m not too surprised tbh. I think it was a sleeper last year, relatively speaking since it sold well enough. But the secret is out! It’s an awesome device and the one I’d most likely steer people towards, all things being equal.

Reactions: kp98077

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
I just had an inquiry about this. If you’re not shooting proRes nor LOG, the iPhone 15 and 15+ deserve a very serious look. Lighter phones with better battery life. Only downside is 60hz display, but if you’re not playing games, these are the right phones for a lot of people.

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
I came from a 14PM, to a 15 Pro, then now to a 15 Plus. While I enjoyed the features of the Pro, the battery life was just not good for me. I optimized a bunch of settings and for some reason my phone would still get hot randomly as well as drain battery like noones business. Like, 100% to 65% after three hours with mild Spotify use.

I’m much happier with the Plus, I don’t feel that I am losing that much, and despite the bigger screen the battery life is astronimically better.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I came from a 14PM, to a 15 Pro, then now to a 15 Plus. While I enjoyed the features of the Pro, the battery life was just not good for me. I optimized a bunch of settings and for some reason my phone would still get hot randomly as well as drain battery like noones business. Like, 100% to 65% after three hours with mild Spotify use.

I’m much happier with the Plus, I don’t feel that I am losing that much, and despite the bigger screen the battery life is astronimically better.
Did you also consider the pro max?

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Curious, I just checked available stock if iPhone 15 Plus models. Most seem to be sold out all over NYC today. There are some iPhone 15 regular sell outs as well, but more available.

So it seems this iPhone 15 Plus may actually sell OK this year? I know few Macrumors posters will have it as people here buy the Pro Phones, but this Plus could be a winner. Seems like we will have Plus phones for a while
I am not surprised to know it is sold well. It has a great price, color options especially pink ones and size. Good news for Apple!

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I really enjoy my always on display. If they added that to the Plus (even if it only had a max of 60hz) I would be way more likely to go with that over the Pro models.

Reactions: compwiz1202

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I checked tonight at my Apple Store and they were nearly sold out of plus cases, guessing that's a good sign of health sales? Saw two people retiring PM for a plus which was interesting..

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The stars aligned this year: Dynamic Island, 2,000 nit display, 48MP camera, 2X telephoto, USB-C.

Last year, if people wanted a big display, they had to choose 14 Pro Max. The 14 Plus had the ancient notch and the same camera as iPhone 13. The only selling point was the big display, which apparently wasn’t good enough.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I think a bunch of people went with the 15 Plus instead of the Pro Max for the weight difference. I know I did.
Yes I think you’re correct. I was just surprised to see people buying them at apple. And they were younger to middle age demographic.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Idk, I could have bought the iPhone 15 Plus anytime I wanted to without pre-ordering.

The one that is selling like hotcakes seems to be the iPhone 15 Pro Max as that one was nearly impossible to get (I don’t know how it is currently since I managed to get one in the end, so I am not monitoring the inventory anymore).

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I can only speak to my own situation, but I think once we get above $1,000 for a phone, the $200 difference between the Plus and PM isn't a deal breaker. Especially if one finances. I think there are some like me who really want that lighter weight and see it as a very worthy trade-off to the camera differences, 60Hz, and AOD. I wouldn't mind having the 5x camera and macro mode but the other things don't bother me at all. The natural assumption in these forums tends to be that non-pro purchases do so because they cannot afford the Pro model. Not always the case.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I would have given the 15 Plus a serious consideration just because of its battery life. But I’ve decided that I wanna go with a 6.1-inch iPhone, moving forward so I got the regular 15 instead. The luxurious and soft back glass is such an important feature for me. I don’t think I’ll be considering the Pro models anytime soon.

Thor_9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
I think a bunch of people went with the 15 Plus instead of the Pro Max for the weight difference. I know I did.
What is this weight difference? Does it really bother you? Not judging simply asking.

Thor_9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Idk, I could have bought the iPhone 15 Plus anytime I wanted to without pre-ordering.

The one that is selling like hotcakes seems to be the iPhone 15 Pro Max as that one was nearly impossible to get (I don’t know how it is currently since I managed to get one in the end, so I am not monitoring the inventory anymore).
I had to wait 3 weeks for my Plus. Currently my 2 Apple Stores have more Pro Max varieties in stock than Plus models.

Reactions: Barbareren

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013

Pro max was very likely back ordered because of first-run manufacturing hiccups. It’s a new design, with new materials. Apple is very good about optimizing post-launch based on complaints, returns etc. Incidentally, early adopters, like MF members, roll the dice in some respects. Also, I suspect they don’t mind the resulting scarcity in the first few weeks post-launch as it creates the perception of exclusivity you espoused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.