Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShufromChina

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Translation: The batteries are tested under the same condition.

The following tasks are being repeatedly run in a cycle until batteries are depleted.

Messaging on WeChat (popular Chinese chatting app, similar to WhatsApp) 5 mins
Voice messaging on WeChat 5 mins
Voice calling on WeChat 5 mins
Web browsing 10 mins
TikTok viewing 10 mins
Bilibili (Chinese Youtube) 10 mins
Genshin Impact (a popular MMORPG game) 10 mins

geekwan battery test.png

Here is a link to the full review video:

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
Lol the actually battery is worse than 14? Lol xd then why not just buy cheaper 14 now? Lol xd

Xd xd xd lmao who still types like this

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
Lol anyway you can buy 15/15 pro if you want, I wouldn’t after seeing this graph.
Def moving to 15 pro max from my 14 pro. These results mean nothing to me! I don’t use many Chinese apps, and don’t game. Looks like the 15PM will be a huge battery life upgrade for me coming from the 14P.

xoxo, Gossip Girl

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2023
Def moving to 15 pro max from my 14 pro. These results mean nothing to me! I don’t use many Chinese apps, and don’t game. Looks like the 15PM will be a huge battery life upgrade for me coming from the 14P.

xoxo, Gossip Girl

I don’t think it is related to Chinese app

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2023
Honestly it should be Apple intentionally wants to burn the battery, just like what happen to 14 pro series, so people have to buy a new iPhone earlier.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Translation: The batteries are tested under the same condition.

The following tasks are being repeatedly run in a cycle until batteries are depleted.

Messaging on WeChat (popular Chinese chatting app, similar to WhatsApp) 5 mins
Voice messaging on WeChat 5 mins
Voice calling on WeChat 5 mins
Web browsing 10 mins
TikTok viewing 10 mins
Bilibili (Chinese Youtube) 10 mins
Genshin Impact (a popular MMORPG game) 10 mins

View attachment 2269600

Here is a link to the full review video:

The problem with a Chinese blog is you don't know if it's a state sponsored effort to discredit Apple and promote their own phones. Super unlikely that the 15 pro max and the pro are so bad compared to the 14.

Reactions: bluegt

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2023
Reactions: pierre_rush

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
A17 pro seems rushed imo

The camera improvements don’t seem substantial either on the pro’s year over year and probably even against iPhone 15

It more comes down to if you want a slightly different design / color and titanium, else hold onto your current seek out a 14 pro / max for much cheaper second hand or a 15 regular / plus

Reactions: Anurag Garg

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2023
A17 pro seems rushed imo

The camera improvements don’t seem substantial either on the pro’s year over year and probably even against iPhone 15

It more comes down to if you want a slightly different design / color and titanium, else hold onto your current seek out a 14 pro / max for much cheaper second hand or a 15 regular / plus

Apple is overconfident this time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.