Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hello.

I'm aiming at getting a 15 Pro early next spring, however I'd like to know if the action button can be configured with a specific thing I have in mind.
From what I could gather it can do pretty much everything via the shortcut menu, however I'd like to set it to switch the noise canceling mode on my Airpods Pro 2, from full ANC, to Adaptive ANC, to no ANC.
Could someone kindly test for me if that's possible at all?

Thank you very much! :)

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
Hello.

I'm aiming at getting a 15 Pro early next spring, however I'd like to know if the action button can be configured with a specific thing I have in mind.
From what I could gather it can do pretty much everything via the shortcut menu, however I'd like to set it to switch the noise canceling mode on my Airpods Pro 2, from full ANC, to Adaptive ANC, to no ANC.
Could someone kindly test for me if that's possible at all?

Thank you very much! :)

I did I a quick check. Here’s what I was able to set up.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
Unless I'm missing something, what about just using the built in tap to hold functionality of the AirPods Pro stalks to do this rather than trying to reinvent the wheel?

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Unless I'm missing something, what about just using the built in tap to hold functionality of the AirPods Pro stalks to do this rather than trying to reinvent the wheel?
The airpods pro don't stay that well in my ear, therefore by not touching them all the time I minimize the chance of them falling (it happened before).

Reactions: olekzap
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.