Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
My wish list for a case:
  • Clear on back and sides
  • MagSafe (with or without alignment magnets)
  • All buttons covered, including the action button
  • Separate metal/alloy buttons (not molded into the clear plastic)
  • No textures or branding
  • Works with glass screen protector
  • Thin as possible while retaining above features. Not the ones that seem to have airbags all over
All that I've found so far have buttons molded in the plastic instead of being separate metal buttons. So many are using fake/CGI pictures that you can't tell what they actually look like for real.

Here's an example of an iPhone 13 version. I'm pretty much looking for this except with the action button also covered with a metal button. In the third picture you can see that the buttons are actually separate metal ones and not molded into the plastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H5KXSTY

TORRAS seems to have separate buttons, but it's not clear if that's available on the clear case or just the other colors.

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpeg
    IMG_3170.jpeg
    657.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3194.jpeg
    IMG_3194.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: orev

orev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks for posting those pictures. It looks good except for that branding on the left side, which is "conveniently" not shown on their product pictures on the Amazon page. Otherwise it seems to have good reviews so might be an option.

Reactions: dhson91

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
My wish list for a case:
  • Clear on back and sides
  • MagSafe (with or without alignment magnets)
  • All buttons covered, including the action button
  • Separate metal/alloy buttons (not molded into the clear plastic)
  • No textures or branding
  • Works with glass screen protector
  • Thin as possible while retaining above features. Not the ones that seem to have airbags all over
All that I've found so far have buttons molded in the plastic instead of being separate metal buttons. So many are using fake/CGI pictures that you can't tell what they actually look like for real.

Here's an example of an iPhone 13 version. I'm pretty much looking for this except with the action button also covered with a metal button. In the third picture you can see that the buttons are actually separate metal ones and not molded into the plastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H5KXSTY

TORRAS seems to have separate buttons, but it's not clear if that's available on the clear case or just the other colors.

1695699636987.png

1695699788354.png

Reactions: orev
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.