Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LedRush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I am having trouble finding the weights for the official Apple 15 Pro Max cases. I've learned/been told the following:

- The DBrand ghost case is 33g
- The OtterBox clear case sold by Apple is 37.5g
- Apple customer service said the clear MagSafe case is 67g
- Apple customer service said the finewoven case is 109g

Are the Apple cases really that much heavier than other cases?

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
ProMax Case is maybe 5g more. Other cases probably in the same ballpark, plastic chassis makes up for the most of the weight, silicone and lining the least.

Attachments

• IMG_0865 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0865 Large.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 299

LedRush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
The Apple rep lacks common sense if they think the case weighs nearly half the device.

She definitely lacked common sense. I told her that this must include the packaging as at that weight it is almost as heavy as my iPhone 13 mini. Her reply: "And I totally agree with you that is almost as heavy as the iPhone mini."
Anyway, I didn't see the point of continuing the conversation after that and thanked her for her time and wished her a happy day.

• Haha
Reactions: Mylodon and JPack

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
She definitely lacked common sense. I told her that this must include the packaging as at that weight it is almost as heavy as my iPhone 13 mini. Her reply: "And I totally agree with you that is almost as heavy as the iPhone mini."
Anyway, I didn't see the point of continuing the conversation after that and thanked her for her time and wished her a happy day.

These are not tech enthusiasts. They have a script and this is it. They open the internal "specs" page and read the weight of the case (with packaging).

Every once in a while you get in touch with somebody who really knows about stuff, but it's rare.

It is true, that this specific data is really hard to come by online. Googling doesn't help, because you're presented with the same useless numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.