Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpcapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Last Friday I went to pick up my iPhone, and by the way, I tried the new cases, and they scratch very easily, in the end I bought the silicon case in storm blue colour.

I'm already on my second charge, sometimes I notice that the battery is dropping instead of 1%, it goes down from 2% to 2%. On Saturday with 100%, when I pick it up again, it marked 97% without having done anything.

By the way, using the original Apple 20W charger, yesterday it took me 2 hours and a half to charge, I do not see it normal.

I didn't transfer information, I set it up as a new iPhone, I contacted tech support and they told me that it's normal, that the battery has to be calibrated, but this didn't happen to me with the 14 Pro Max when I bought it last year... it's very strange...

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
Hello everyone,

Last Friday I went to pick up my iPhone, and by the way, I tried the new cases, and they scratch very easily, in the end I bought the silicon case in storm blue colour.

I'm already on my second charge, sometimes I notice that the battery is dropping instead of 1%, it goes down from 2% to 2%. On Saturday with 100%, when I pick it up again, it marked 97% without having done anything.

By the way, using the original Apple 20W charger, yesterday it took me 2 hours and a half to charge, I do not see it normal.

I didn't transfer information, I set it up as a new iPhone, I contacted tech support and they told me that it's normal, that the battery has to be calibrated, but this didn't happen to me with the 14 Pro Max when I bought it last year... it's very strange...
Haven’t same issue with my 15 pro was consider trading it in for the pro max but maybe there is a battery gate issue going on that we are finding out ?

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
I'm having the same issue on my 15PM. Hopefully 17.1 beta drops this week so it solves a lot of these issues.

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Wait for some time (~ up to 2-4 days), probably it's because of those annoying (kind of) system background processes, e.g system paperwork

Can't prove that, based on my empirical experience only

Dodge.009

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
I have the iPhone 15 PM and I’m having the exact same issue. I placed my iPhone 13 PM, side by side with the 15 PM and the 15 is draining at an ALARMINGLY faster rate. I’m on day two without charging my 13, which I’ve used for a bulk of my needs and just left the 15 in my pocket. Yet, the 15 still drained faster than the 13. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Thinking about returning the 15, as there is clearly something wrong here. I bought the 15 to upgrade my battery life, not downgrade.

***UPDATE***
So, I’ve went through and shut my 5G to OFF, and that does seem to be making a noticeable difference. I still don’t think that’s the main cause of the battery drain, but we will see. I’ll update as necessary.

Last edited:

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Have you noticed if fully charged it seems to drop faster the 1st 10%. Then 89% on down it seems to drain slower? Or am I imagining that.

Dodge.009

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
Have you noticed if fully charged it seems to drop faster the 1st 10%. Then 89% on down it seems to drain slower? Or am I imagining that.
Honestly, I haven’t noticed that. In fact, yesterday, it was the opposite. It went down slower the first 10% and then just SHOT down.

But here’s a screenshot of my usage today. Disabling 5G seems to have made a major difference so far today.
I did also want to mention, yesterday and today, I’ve had “Always On Display” set to OFF. I have tried to match the usage with my iPhone 13 Pro Max as much as possible, mostly to make sure I’m not crazy and that it really is draining faster.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.