Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
If you compare the iPhone Pro Max against the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, which spec wise is similar, you are currently looking at £1,309 for 256MB and £1,529 for 512MB on the iPhone 14 pro max compared to £1,249 and £1,399 for the Samsung. While I don't expect many people will be cross shopping between android and iOS, especially on this forum, it does show that the iPhone is already on the expensive side compared to the competition. Knowing Apple I wouldn't be surprised if they upped prices again as they know most buyers are loyal.

Chronus

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
It's madness, if it could be justified like new form factor and/or bigger screen then it's not too bad but usbc, a different metal and the usual improvements such as chip/camera then it's a bitter pill to swallow in this climate. However if people are going to buy it at all costs then Apple are doing what any company would do where profit is king, you can only vote with your wallet to see a real price change.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
If you compare the iPhone Pro Max against the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, which spec wise is similar, you are currently looking at £1,309 for 256MB and £1,529 for 512MB on the iPhone 14 pro max compared to £1,249 and £1,399 for the Samsung. While I don't expect many people will be cross shopping between android and iOS, especially on this forum, it does show that the iPhone is already on the expensive side compared to the competition. Knowing Apple I wouldn't be surprised if they upped prices again as they know most buyers are loyal.

Not to mention those Samsung devices often come with better carrier deals in the months after launch whereas the iPhone prices stick for 12 months.

Reactions: UltraInstinct

Appie11

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2021
It's madness, if it could be justified like new form factor and/or bigger screen then it's not too bad but usbc, a different metal and the usual improvements such as chip/camera then it's a bitter pill to swallow in this climate. However if people are going to buy it at all costs then Apple are doing what any company would do where profit is king, you can only vote with your wallet to see a real price change.

Yep which is why I now upgrade about every 4 years now. It’s completely pointless to update every year in my view as the updates are minor. If my Battery health wasn’t complete shot I would wait another year.

But now I sometimes get lagging and my charge doesn’t hold a day it’s making me think I need an upgrade.

Linkbill

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Charlotte
The prices of new iPhones are simply absurd. It would be nice if it were a completely new device with cool features, but it’s the same phone year after year. With this money, you can already buy a working car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.