Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iYigit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I just got my iPhone 15 Pro Max and love it so far! But today I noticed some weird sounds coming from the iPhone when I was using the Shake-to-Undo feature. It sounds like it rattles. I believe it's coming from the camera department. Do yours do this too? Could my iPhone be a malformed unit? Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm being paranoid. Thank you in advance for your answers.

iYigit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
Okay, I was searching on the forum and seems like this happens to other people as well. I'll go to Hamburg this weekend to get my iPhone examined. But again, that would be informative to see here if other people report that they are having this sound coming from the inside of their devices. Here's a link for the same thing in another topic: iPhone 15 Pro Max loud camera rattle

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
No, not normal. Unlike older iPhones, the 14 and 15 sensor is stabilized by magnets. If you hear rattling, the sensor is hitting something.

iYigit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
No, not normal. Unlike older iPhones, the 14 and 15 sensor is stabilized by magnets. If you hear rattling, the sensor is hitting something.
I figured out that when I launch the Camera app, I no longer hear that sound when shaking the iPhone. So the magnets hold the sensor I believe. I recorded videos and took photos in various modes and couldn't notice any abnormal behaviour tho. But I guess you're right, that sound thing is not normal. Thank you for answering. New route created to the Apple Store!

iYigit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
Update:

Contacted Apple Support and they ran a diagnosis test remotely which took about 5 minutes and said there’s nothing to worry about. Everything works as expected. But still I’ll get my iPhone checked physically at an Apple Store.

getto__boy

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2024
Update:

Contacted Apple Support and they ran a diagnosis test remotely which took about 5 minutes and said there’s nothing to worry about. Everything works as expected. But still I’ll get my iPhone checked physically at an Apple Store.
Hi, did you go to the Apple Store?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I just have the exact same problem with the rattling sound. only I don’t have the opportunity to visit the Apple Store since I’m from Ukraine, so I’d like to know Apple’s answer
I doubt you'll receive a response, the member you are asking hasn't been active on the forum since December 2023..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.