Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U1cracka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Thinking of upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro Max to the 15 pro max before my vacation. Did they figure out the heat problem the 15 pro max was having.

Is there a noticeable difference in the camera.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I went 14P to 15PM. Camera is similar. They’re all incremental improvements. The extra 5x lens is nice.

Heat is a non issue

Reactions: U1cracka

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
No heat issues here, even when charging wirelessly. I don’t use a case, so it may help with better heat dissipation, but maybe they just solved the issue with the software update. No issues with BMW wireless charger too if it matters to you.

The cameras are very similar. Night shots and HDR are slightly better, and I find 5x more useful than 3x for the types of pictures/videos I take.

The best camera feature for me is automatic portrait mode - great if you have kids! Portrait shots are much snappier, probably that’s why they didn’t bring it to 14 series with the software update.

It is also noticeably lighter and feels better in hand, at least without a case.

Action button is neat, but why did they leave it at the old spot where it’s not so easy to reach?

USB-C is nice to have too.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I only feel like the 15 Pro Max gets a bit warmer than the 14 Pro Max when taking a lot of pictures in a row (for example, when I'm at some landmark and take 20-30 pictures of it, I can feel it noticeably warm). But that's just a minor annoyance and doesn't affect its functionality in any way.

I'd say go for it! And as others said, the 5x zoom is amazing, and I also love that the new default resolution for the main camera is 24 MP. I'm happy I upgraded from the 14 Pro Max.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Haven't had any of the issues making their rounds on the forum on my 15PM. Even on the earliest versions of iOS17, my phone never heated up, had any wifi issues or image retention, etc.. A matter of fact, there are plenty of posts from members with 12-14Pro/PM complaining about overheating and poor battery performance on iOS17. Now that Apple has their holiday return window, you should pick up the 15PM, use the phone and decide for yourself whether it's a worthy update over your 14PM

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is so hot, I earn my money back by not heating the house. The iPhone 15 Pro Max pays for itself basically.

To defrost my car window, I just go in the car and just use my iPhone 15 Pro Max, and it's good to go!!

• Haha
Reactions: FILIPSN007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.