Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariomr99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
I want to ask because every year there are themes related to clicking/popping sounds from apple screens. iPhone owners 15/15pro/15pro max(or every iphone user) do you have such a problem when you press the screen little hard than normal use? This happened to me and I'm a little worried because my phone is new. In some places I was told that it was normal in others that they could not hear it because the sound was really quiet. There is no authorized Apple store in my country, and if I have to return it for replacement or repairs, I will have to wait more than 30 days. (From Carrier Company)

I would be happy to hear your experience and opinion on this.

~I hear it in this area when I press with my thumbs. ~

Attachments

• IMG_20240111_123012.jpg
    IMG_20240111_123012.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I should elaborate. These are made by the millions using very standardized, controlled procedures. During and after manufacturing there are elaborate quality controls in place to catch defects. The chances of anything getting through these is very small. That's not to say it couldn't happen. But when I get a new product of any kind, I just start using it normally. I don't inspect it or go looking for defects. To do so only invites disappointment in my opinion.

Likewise, I don't expect products to remain pristine in every day use. Things will get dropped and scratched. I don't fret over, but I do use a tempered glass screen protector and thin cases on my phones and iPads.

Back to your question, I don't feel any give or void in my phone when I press there. But you know there are components and very small empty spaces inside the device. Pressing on one could make a small noise the same way pressing on an auto body panel can.

mariomr99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
I should elaborate. These are made by the millions using very standardized, controlled procedures. During and after manufacturing there are elaborate quality controls in place to catch defects. The chances of anything getting through these is very small. That's not to say it couldn't happen. But when I get a new product of any kind, I just start using it normally. I don't inspect it or go looking for defects. To do so only invites disappointment in my opinion.

Likewise, I don't expect products to remain pristine in every day use. Things will get dropped and scratched. I don't fret over, but I do use a tempered glass screen protector and thin cases on my phones and iPads.

Back to your question, I don't feel any give or void in my phone when I press there. But you know there are components and very small empty spaces inside the device. Pressing on one could make a small noise the same way pressing on an auto body panel can.
Quite a comprehensive answer! I am very grateful, I will listen to you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.