Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Here's an interesting comparison question and I'm interested in the opinion?

What would you prefer; the "iPhone 15 Pro" or the "iPhone 14 Pro Max"?
I've read lots of comments that the 15 Pro Max can not handle 3x optical zoom that well as it has the 5x optical. There are of course other things to consider. There is also the 15 Plus!

I have the 14 Pro Max and am wondering if the 15 Pro is the better option? Apart from real estate in display size, are the apps and system fonts a tad smaller on the Pro models? Be interested in user views?

Flash1420

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2022
Design-wise, the iPhone 14 Pro Max felt more premium and the action button feels more of a gimmick. I mean don't get me wrong, the 15 Pro is still nice but not something I would recommend upgrading to. This is more for users who are using anything below the 13 Pro.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Definitely the 15 pro. The phone is much lighter and I personally like the titanium sides more than the stainless steel. I also really like the action button as I always keep my phone on mute so the silent switch was pointless for me. I also think the photos come out a little better on my 15 PM than my 14 PM- that's not to say the photos were bad on the 14 PM, btw, I just think they come out better due to the 24 mp shots and the better processing.

The 3x, while not as good as the 15 pro, is still decent on the 15 pro max. If that is the main reason you want to go with the pro instead of pro max, I would go for the pro max, unless you're a photographer and 3x is your main zoom length. The 5x lens is awesome! Also, the battery on the 15 PM is awesome, imo.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
The iPhone 16 Pros/Ultra is a better option.

Stay with the 14 PM until September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.