Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CloudStrifeVII07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2024
Thinking of upgrading from my 12 mini and I'm considering between these two (15 pro & 15 pro max).
Battery is one of my main concerns due to how poorly the 12 mini performed in this area.
The Pro Max is obviously gonna perform better, but I'd like to know how much of a difference is there.
Most reviews I've seen were from launch. I wonder how's the battery performance in the newest IOS.

Would anyone like to share their experience and let me know if trading the form factor for the extra battery is worth it? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Thinking of upgrading from my 12 mini and I'm considering between these two (15 pro & 15 pro max).
Battery is one of my main concerns due to how poorly the 12 mini performed in this area.
The Pro Max is obviously gonna perform better, but I'd like to know how much of a difference is there.
Most reviews I've seen were from launch. I wonder how's the battery performance in the newest IOS.

Would anyone like to share their experience and let me know if trading the form factor for the extra battery is worth it? Thanks a lot!
I have a 12 and 13 mini, and recently upgraded to a 15 Pro. With AOD off, my 15 Pro has significantly better battery life than my 12 mini, and i would say noticeably better than my 13 mini.

Basically i get about 48 hours in between charge, and watch a lot more videos compared to my Minis.

With the Pro Max you will get even more battery life, but at the expense of a much larger and heavier phone, if your used to the Mini size. The 15 Pro is a good compromise in this regard.

Reactions: CloudStrifeVII07

CloudStrifeVII07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2024
I have a 12 and 13 mini, and recently upgraded to a 15 Pro. With AOD off, my 15 Pro has significantly better battery life than my 12 mini, and i would say noticeably better than my 13 mini.

Basically i get about 48 hours in between charge, and watch a lot more videos compared to my Minis.

With the Pro Max you will get even more battery life, but at the expense of a much larger and heavier phone, if your used to the Mini size. The 15 Pro is a good compromise in this regard.
I see, I guess the 15 Pro will fit me better. Nice to hear from someone who also upgraded from a mini. Thanks mate!

Reactions: snipr125

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
The great thing with the 15 Pro Max is that you don’t necessarily have to turn anything off to get great battery life, I have AOD On and still get over 8.5hours SOT with heavy usage. Moderate usage you can easily get 2 days and then some.

However I think the 15 Pro will be enough if you are coming from a Mini.
I highly recommend trying both in store though.

Zorori

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2017
A lot depends on how you used your Mini. A lot of my Mini's battery drain is from apps that would be able to take advantage of the 1Hz screen, such as Safari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.