Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shrimpyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2021
IMG_3310.jpeg
IMG_3269.png
IMG_3306.jpeg

Out the box it’s the same colour it’s wildly different to what was shown online really let down.

chubbychicken

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I think the clay (More like Grey) is pretty nice and would complement the Blue titanium iphone well.

After debating back and forth between this and a the fine woven case, I decided to order the clay silicone case.

Reactions: BrightCanon

rhemy123

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2021
the color online is more of a warm grey or a taupe without the pink, something that would make the phone case combo more monotone. The one in your picture is more of a cool grey.

The real question is what does the natural titanium actually look like. Apple’s color representation is always slightly off. However the color on the box and the color of the product are so off, it seems like a mistake on Apples part.

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
The one you received looks way better than the online. That would complement the Blue or the Titanium so well.
Yep..
Thanks to this thread I am actually considering it! I like the clay grey…

But it really is something completely different than shown…

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Actually I think this looks better. You are helping me to make up my mind on what colour silicone case to get with my natural titanium.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
This has been a problem with watch bands for years, very frustrating at times! Real colour looks quite nice here though 😅

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Got my clay case shipped to me yesterday and concur with the OP. It's absolutely *nothing* like the photos/renders on Apple's site. If you like the actual color then great but it's just not close to what's shown and it's an instant return for me. What an absurd marketing error.

Reactions: limesmoothie

r3tr0

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
I prefer the actual colour vs the renders. I’ll be getting this colour I think.

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
GA
I returned the Clay color for the Winter Blue and the Orange Sorbet silicone cases and the colors are pretty close to the packaging with perhaps a bit more saturation on the actual silicone (as expected). I tried to take a picture but it came out darker than what I see in person.

The Clay color was very different than I expected, and I {almost} kept it— I ordered it thinking I would go with a natural titanium 15PM but switched to white titanium at the last moment. It’s still a great looking case, but not one to purchase based solely on the Apple Store graphics.

mcdreamer

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2011
I've also received one of these. It's quite a big surprise as you'd imagine Apple would get these basics right. I don't hate the real colour, but I perhaps wouldn't have ordered it. I imagine swapping it out will be a real pain so I may keep it for now, though I do have my eye on the green case...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.