Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I always liked the Apple lightning dock, really clean with some weight to it, supported all iPhone models, and it had a headphone jack out the back.
Is there any dock like this but with USB-C? Or perhaps a dock that can shift between portrait/landsdape too?

carestudio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
depends on the dock the features you need, you can also get a laptop dock for iPhone, just need to make sure the compatibility and the phone charging feature. I have been using caldigit element hub with my iPhone 15 Pro, so far so good, very handy and all the ports work just fine with iphone 15 Pro including keyboard and mouse. they also have a compatibility chart online

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
depends on the dock the features you need, you can also get a laptop dock for iPhone, just need to make sure the compatibility and the phone charging feature. I have been using caldigit element hub with my iPhone 15 Pro, so far so good, very handy and all the ports work just fine with iphone 15 Pro including keyboard and mouse. they also have a compatibility chart online
Your link is nothing like what the OP is talking about. This is the Apple Lightning Dock:
ML8H2_AV4

ML8H2_AV5

Reactions: mectojic

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Here you go:

No audio output though.
Yep, thanks. Lack of audio is unfortunate.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
If it supports Data, you could probably add something like this on the back:

Of course not as clean of a solution as it being included.

carestudio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
sorry, I thought you just need a usb-c dock that works with iphone 15.
well, for just a pass through charging and audio out, you should be able to get one from amazon, but make sure they tried it with 15 first.

mcgroarty

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
I'm late to the party, but: Seek verification that the USB-C port on the newer iPhones is designed to support the weight of the phone before using a leaning USB-C dock with no back support. Greater durability was often cited as a key reason why Apple resisted a switch to USB-C on phones.

MarckyG

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Germany
I'm late to the party, but: Seek verification that the USB-C port on the newer iPhones is designed to support the weight of the phone before using a leaning USB-C dock with no back support. Greater durability was often cited as a key reason why Apple resisted a switch to USB-C on phones.
Also curious about that... Do you have any experience on that by now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.