Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
I had to return the 15 pro due to the battery not lasting enough . my samsung s23 was blowing it out of the water ...at least it's enough to last a day (camera,notes, browsing, maps, pdf )

I thought with the bigger size, the 16 pro would get a larger battery, but it seems that it's only within margin of error as per nominal capacities (2.5% increase...) with bigger display, new nodes that won't bring crazy effiency either....

plus with on device AI... should we excpect the 16 pro to suck? or am I missing a point, where there could be a redeeming feature helping battery life ?

is anyone else concerned about it too ? or did the 15 pro get much better after ios 17.1 ? please don't write answers that make you feel better about your own decision haha, thanks :)

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Why have a concern? Not even out yet. Question is premature until we get more data. when the phone gets in the hands of some testers, they will know more

jediandrew97

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
We already have some on device AI features most of which is used with the photos app. 16 Pro is also rumored to get larger and come with a bigger battery so I think that will improve things quite a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.