Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
These colours combined with the scuffed (is that the right term?) surface still remind me of nasty public restrooms on the German Autobahn.

Apple, forever obsessed with the idea that "Pro" users with a bigger wallet dont like collars.

Reactions: LacrosseChic

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
Oh no, now my girlfriend is going to obsess over the new one too! (She adores her pink 15 Plus).

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Imagine having meetings about what subtly different colours you’re going to sell these in year after year.

Must be mind numbing.
Imagine phil gets up and yells out

“Can’t innovate? My ass!”

I’m choosing black btw

No case at home. I’ know im crazy

• Haha
Reactions: gusmula

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Lol. For some odd reasons, I feel like Apple has dozens of meetings about the color and regular folks can hardly tell the difference with certain colors. No one must be allowed to say “Red iPhone Pro” in those meetings. Lol. Unless they are saving that color for the major redesign in a few years.

I wonder why no pink Pro. Everyone went crazy over the pink 15. The color I see the most, by far.

The issue is how colors are created in anodized titanium. Unlike aluminium, which uses dyes, titanium uses physics of optical interference to produce the perception of colors, with the "color" caused by how light reacts with the anodization depth. As a result, there is a limited color palette and some colors, such as red, are not possible.

These colours combined with the scuffed (is that the right term?) surface still remind me of nasty public restrooms on the German Autobahn.

Actually, it's anodization and the scuffed layer is what causes the color perception.

Apple, forever obsessed with the idea that "Pro" users with a bigger wallet dont like collars.

I suspect it's more of a combination of the available color pallet and teh challenge with color consistency across a production run.

Reactions: applepotato666

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Still like my purple 14 pro max. Had the green pro max before that. None of the 15 pro colors got my attention, plus nothing stood out hardware wise. I’ll look and see what the 16 brings feature wise and I always ride bare with phones with the current design.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
1711457937661.jpeg

That’s not rose. That’s ocher or sand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.