Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
A friend of mine gave me is iPhone 3G which was stuck on the Apple logo. So I restored it to 4.2.1, lo and behold I got an error 1015. It has the iPad baseband I know of on it. How would I get this thing into Pwned DFU mode so I can use the custom firmware I made. When I try redsn0w stops the countdown because the phone is in recovery mode.

Last edited:

Xb0xGuru

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
A friend of mine gave me is iPhone 3G which was stuck on the Apple logo. So I restored it to 4.2.1, lo and behold I got an error 1015. It has the iPad baseband I know of on it. How would I get this thing into Pwned DFU mode so I can use the custom firmware I made. When I try redsn0w stops the countdown because the phone is in recovery mode.

You need to persevere with DFU mode. Ignore the recovery mode logo on the phone (the USB cable) and hold the buttons down as instructed. It *will* go into DFU mode.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
You need to persevere with DFU mode. Ignore the recovery mode logo on the phone (the USB cable) and hold the buttons down as instructed. It *will* go into DFU mode.

I got it. Downgraded it to 3.1.3 then used Tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Alrighty, I have this phone on 3.1.3 with the iPad baseband. Now for some reason this one doesn't seem to want to downgrade or do anything.

I did another 3G, I have, same circumstances and it worked perfect. Right now, I'm just baffled. Any help would be nice.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Finally, I got. Downloaded PwnageTool 4.2, created a new custom firmware, restored to 4.2.1 and downgraded the baseband. Bought an unlock from unlock_fusion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.