Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylannnrose:)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
i am on my third iphone 3g and i am tired of getting new ones when i drop my phone once, i had a rubber case but it scratched my phone really bad, i want a case that is sleek and doesnt ruin the beauty of the iphone while NOT SCRATCHING THE PHONE INSIDE

thank you so much for any help you can give me ive been searching forever

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
when you say rubber you mean soft silicon? how can it scratch the phone?!

anyway, you cant get a slim and protective, you have to compromise on one of them.

sgp ultra thin and contour flick will be the best choice (in my opinion) if youre looking for slim\looking good cases.

capsulerebel\candyshell can give you good protection and nice but thick design.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Do not buy Griffin, it scratched my iPhone all up. Now I am going to do some phonegery (phone surgery) and replace the back cover.

cornfed83

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
Switcheasy

Switcheasy Neo is a pretty cool case. Has a little bulk to it but worth the purchase. One small scratch on the case when i dropped it from my pocket. With no damage to the phone.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Iskin Solo

Done.

I will echo that, having an Iskin Solo FX now after having had a Sena leatherskin. The latter is attractive enough but even with taking out the phone twice a week at least and cleaning it, tiny bits of debris from one's pocket easily get into the back of the case and scratch the plastic back and the chrome. I am not seeing that with the Iskin Solo.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I use a Motorola Q case I purchased from a local mall store called Signals Wireless. It has a padded inside, and a padded outside, and the iPhone slips in and fits perfectly. Soft inside prevents it from scratching the iPhone, and is perfect.

Also, have you considered Invisible Shield?

Amigaman

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Greenville, MI
You might want to consider an Invisible Shield by Zagg. I have that plus a Marware C.E.O. sleeve and I'm happy with it. Just make sure you take your time applying the Invisible Shield!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.