Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I am really sorry, but being a beginner, I tryed in redsn0w to click on extras and then verify and this is the result... maybe this can help to downgrade?!

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-03-22 alle 22.01.32.png
    Schermata 2013-03-22 alle 22.01.32.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 70

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Another trick is to reinstall mobile substrate and after that ultrasn0w

----------

I am really sorry, but being a beginner, I tryed in redsn0w to click on extras and then verify and this is the result... maybe this can help to downgrade?!

Yes if really needed you can downgrade to 5.1.1 get untethered and unlock with ultrasn0w.

Ultrasn0w fixer is also for 05.13.04, try that first:
http://www.beijingiphonerepair.com/...ith-ultrasn0w-fixer-patch-old-basebands-only/

So uninstall ultrasn0w, install the fixer then install ultrasn0w again.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
If it doesn't work you can downgrade to 5.1.1 with redsn0w

In that case you can skip the 6.0 step and go to extras/even more/restore with a downloaded 5.1.1 ipsw, remote blobs and preserve the BB, after that you can jailbreak with redsn0w and install ultrasnow again

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
If it doesn't work you can downgrade to 5.1.1 with redsn0w

In that case you can skip the 6.0 step and go to extras/even more/restore with a downloaded 5.1.1 ipsw, remote blobs and preserve the BB, after that you can jailbreak with redsn0w and install ultrasnow again

Ok while waiting iOs 5.1.1 to download, I tried reinstalling mobile substrate and after that ultrasn0w fix and ultrasn0w, but also this didn't work!

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Ok go for 5.1.1

thank you very much for your help... I really hope this will work otherwise I think there will not be solutions... but what happen if with ios 5.1.1 it works? I mean if I want in a future to upgrade to ios 6 etc I can't?! Updating th eiOs will also make me change the bb?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Sn0nbreeze and redsn0w should let you upgrade without uodating the BB, fir redsn0w you'll need the blobs, Cydia saves them automatically, i guess 6.1.3 is still too fresh, so in the near future it should work like discribed, meanwhile you should have a working phone unless there is a hardware probkem on the phone ofcourse.

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Sn0nbreeze and redsn0w should let you upgrade without uodating the BB, fir redsn0w you'll need the blobs, Cydia saves them automatically, i guess 6.1.3 is still too fresh, so in the near future it should work like discribed, meanwhile you should have a working phone unless there is a hardware probkem on the phone ofcourse.

i really hope so... :) But the unlock from Apple how it works? I mean when Orange tells Apple to unlock the phone how the phone becomes unlocked? Is it linked to the activation process?!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Every time you connect to itunes the Apple servers are contacted, if your phone(IMEI) is found on the unlocked list with apple the iphone is activated.

The carrier passes on the imei to apple which puts it on the whitelist.

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Every time you connect to itunes the Apple servers are contacted, if your phone(IMEI) is found on the unlocked list with apple the iphone is activated.

The carrier passes on the imei to apple which puts it on the whitelist.

so even if an iphone is not activated, can be officially unlocked?!

I don't know if it is linked but for exemple I can't activate iMessage... cause when I click on the thing it goes back to off...

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
ok ios 5.1.1 downloaded so I do:

Now go to extras/even more/restore select the 5.1.1 ipsw follow instruction, select remote shsh/blobs
When asked to preserve bb select yes

but after that I have to jb the iphone with redsn0w?!

Last edited:

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
ok I succesfully installed 5.1.1 but now it asks me to insert the original sim... what u suggest? To jb it right now or to test it with a sim of a friend with ORange carrier??

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
If it is unlocked you can put in any sim, if that diesnt work jailbreak and install ultrasn0w

i don't think it is unlocked otherwise it wouldn't ask me to activate it with a supported sim...

----------

OH!!! I can't believe... I'm trying to JB it with redsn0w, setting it with ios 5.1.1 firmware but it asks me to activate the iphone first!!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
In redsn0w you should be able to select activate during the process.

Restart the phone and try again with redsn0w

Edit

Just take the simcard out and hit jailbreak in redsn0w

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
In redsn0w you should be able to select activate during the process.

Restart the phone and try again with redsn0w

there is not that option to activate... I solved by manually entering the iphone in DFU mode before starting JB...

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Don't need the fixer on 5.1.1 ultrasn0w should work fine without it on that firmware

Ok I'm installing ultrasn0w... i'm worried lol

----------

It is for me a HUGE pleasure to mark this thread as SOLVED! It worked... now what you suggest me? To update to future os only when there will be an untethered and that os will be supported by ultrasn0w, right???

IS there something I have to do? Like creating a backup?!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Try to get it unlocked by Ofrance, for now just enjoy the phone :)

----------

Itunes backs it up automatically, as cydia has your 5.1.1 blobs you can always rrestore to that

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Try to get it unlocked by Ofrance, for now just enjoy the phone :)

----------

Itunes backs it up automatically, as cydia has your 5.1.1 blobs you can always rrestore to that

Oh no! :'( I'm not able to receive nor send iMessages!? I open a new thread for that! thank you very much!!!!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.