Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lubieherbate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2019
Hi.
I'm not sure if I can explain it correct, but the cover of my "factory sealed" iPhone box is not aligned with bottom part... (?) When you're looking at the box and you turn it back, the all information are upside down. Is it possible that some devices were packed this way? I purchased it on eBay, so don't know the history. The rest is looking fine...
Thanks for help :)

lubieherbate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2019
I'm just thinking if this is real deal or resealed device.
Of course I'm not going to use it, just bought it to extend collection.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Can be resealed. Check the wrapping foil on the box, see if it’s aligned correctly. Sometimes you can tell it was applied later by hand, not machine.

lubieherbate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2019
Can be resealed. Check the wrapping foil on the box, see if it’s aligned correctly. Sometimes you can tell it was applied later by hand, not machine.
Thanks!
Wrapping looks fine I think...
IMG-0335.jpg

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
If I'm reading it correctly they placed the top of the box on upside down? I'd be suspicious of this. I'm glad Apple got rid of shrink wrapping. It was too easy to replicate. The new method better.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
I'm guessing the top of the box gets put on on a mass scale by a machine, so there is little chance for the orientation to get screwed up.

Maybe it can, there is a lot of human interaction during packing the phones.

I'd check further and inspect everything for red flags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.