Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldAFiphone4Uber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2022
I have an iPhone 4 I believe it's a 2010 that is an Uber edition. I signed up to be a driver super early on, and they mailed me this iPhone. The start button on the task bar is an outdated Uber logo. The wallpaper is locked to this weird early Uber design. There is no phone, text, or browser functionality. It's maps, weather, camera and Uber. I never took a trip with it. iPhone is practically brand new. I think when I charged it this morning is the first time it has ever been charged since I got it. I kept telling people this exists and no one believed me so I charged it to prove it.

I was curious if this has collectible value or if I should just toss this in a recycle bin? I figure being as though I have never seen or heard of another one, and the only other mention I can find on the internet of this is an unboxing with a later model with the new Uber logo we all know today that this could be of some value. No idea where to sell it. I'd hate to put it on eBay as who knows if anyone would understand why this phone is weird. The later version has phone, text, and browser access. This thing is Fort Knox.

20221031_074528.jpg

Reactions: Andeddu

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
No idea on the value, but before tossing it, I'd try to restore it (via Finder or iTunes).
If the Music app is working, the iPhone 4 makes for a great music player as it is said to have (one of) the best audio quality in an iPhone.
For cars without CarPlay but a USB socket, chances are good an old iPhone will serve as a great stationary jukebox with even the current artwork displayed on the cars display. Battery condition is almost irrelevant in this scenario.
This is of course if you're not yet a streaming-only-person.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
It doesn't appear to have much collector value at this point. An Uber iPhone 4 in "excellent working condition" sold on eBay in August for only $1 (plus $10 shipping).

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Place it in a box and keep it in storage until it’s worth more or sell it on eBay. You might get something decent like $50+ as there aren’t many iPhone 4’s in good shape anymore. It’s a nice collectors item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.