Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Hey all, never thought this would happen to me, but I finally have a problem with my iPhone 4. I was messing around with iFile and tried to change the file name of BiteSMS to something else, and when I try to reboot my phone, it gets stuck in recovery mode.

After googling sites on how to get your phone out of recovery mode without restoring, I stumbled upon iRecovery. But now iRecovery has messed up my USB ports and my PC nor iTunes really doesn't detect my phone.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I'm really hoping to be able to get my phone out of recovery mode without restoring, and I need to find a way to uninstall iRecovery from my PC since my USB ports aren't detecting anything.

Thanks for the help!

edit: it'll detect my phone in recovery mode on another USB port.

AT&T iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 with limera1n.

Last edited:

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
I just tried exiting Recovery mode in tiny umbrella but that did not work. Do I have no other choice but to restore it?

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Last call! Anyone think I can salvage my phone before I restore it with 4.3.3? I don't think I can wait much longer :( lol

daveintheville

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Last call! Anyone think I can salvage my phone before I restore it with 4.3.3? I don't think I can wait much longer :( lol

kevin if u havent done it already. u can get ur usb's working again by just doing a sys restore. ull have to restart comp and press f8 depending on what comp u have and that should take you to the restore menu...and i think we have all been there done that with irecovery :/ u can also try ireb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.