Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mpalomba3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Staten Island
hi, I had an old 4s so I decided to put iOS 9 on it. It's been on there since the day it way released and I had no problem. Today I didn't really use it but when I saw it with the screen on I picked it up to see why it was on when I hadn't touched it. Apparently the screen has been on all day and the phone was REALLY REALLY REALLY hot. Like buring hot. I'm surprised it didn't give me the temperature warning because it was so hot. So, what should I do? Restore to iOS 8.3? Factory reset and re-load the iOS 9 beta? Has anyone else experienced this with any of their devices on iOS 9?

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
hi, I had an old 4s so I decided to put iOS 9 on it. It's been on there since the day it way released and I had no problem. Today I didn't really use it but when I saw it with the screen on I picked it up to see why it was on when I hadn't touched it. Apparently the screen has been on all day and the phone was REALLY REALLY REALLY hot. Like buring hot. I'm surprised it didn't give me the temperature warning because it was so hot. So, what should I do? Restore to iOS 8.3? Factory reset and re-load the iOS 9 beta? Has anyone else experienced this with any of their devices on iOS 9?
I have an iPod touch running iOS 8.4 PB and it can get fairly hot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.