Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MobyDick228

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2022
Hello, I need help. I found an old iPhone 4s with 8 GB (presumably iOS 7, I figured it out from the picture on the lock screen), it had been lying for a very long time and I don’t remember any passwords, nothing was left of it except for charging , it has a screen lock installed and most likely icloud is enabled (I don’t know this for sure and don’t know how to look), I would like to know if it’s possible to remove the screen lock on this old iOS, or update iOS through dfu and remove the activation lock, or reset somehow and remove the activation lock on this ios so that it can be used normally?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Not sure if the 4S is too old for support but, if you have proof of ownership Apple will unlock the device for you.. If not, the phone is useless..

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
If you don't care about the OS it is running (you would be updated to iOS 9 if it's an iPhone 4S when doing this), you can put it in restore mode and use a computer to restore it. Then, if it is iCloud locked, you can type in your password for iCloud to unlock it as you go through setup. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

MobyDick228

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2022
Если вас не волнует ОС, на которой он работает (при этом вы будете обновлены до iOS 9, если это iPhone 4S), вы можете перевести его в режим восстановления и использовать компьютер для его восстановления. Затем, если он заблокирован iCloud, вы можете ввести свой пароль для iCloud, чтобы разблокировать его во время настройки. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306
Thank you very much for the hint, but I don’t have the password from ikloud because the phone has been lying for a long time and I forgot it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.