Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djuchiha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
I have been having an issue with my Iphone 5 two days ago it wouldnt charge past 1%. it then died and wouldnt come back on after 7 hours of being on the charger it then turned on and acting fine for awhile but then it started restarting. It restarted every few minutes to continuously faster and faster. Then It would turn off and not power on unless being on the charger. When on the charger it reboots every few seconds. Now it turns on by itself but i got it in recovery mode because I went to restore it but I got an error 2001 that has something to do with my charger being corroded. It has black and greenish discoloring on the gold pins. Ive tried holding the home and power button for 10 seconds while on the charger and not on the charger and it stopped the rebooting for a little bit but it kept doing it. My battery is a brand new official apple battery from a new iphone 5. I wonder if the charger thats corroded is giving me the issues I ordered a new one does anyone know why its doing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.