Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Padini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Hey guys, I've been looking at a ton of video and written reviews, and I still can't make my mind up between the two. I'm looking for the one that has more of a 'rubbery' and 'grippy' feel to it. I regret buying the Speck CandyShell because it's so slippery! Did Speck ever release a newer version of the Pixelskin HD case that is not 'loose'? I've seen a lot of people here complain about the fit. Also, some reviewers claim the OVRMLD to have a rubbery texture, but on the other hand others claim it to be plastic-y, so I'm kind of confused.

So if there is anyone out there who has experienced both and could tell me which one is better, that would be great.

Last edited:

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I can only speak for the Speck PixelSkin HD and I have to say I love that case. Comfortable and thin. Recommend it ;)

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
OVRMLD = CandyShell Satin, I think you'll prefer the Pixelskin HD.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I have the Speck Pixelskin for my iPod and I like it. It reminds me of the Xtrememac case I had. Very form fitting. If you shop around you can find one for $10-15.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I've never used the Incipio, but all i can say about the Pixelskin HD is that it lost some of it's charm since the 4/4s days

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
The OVRMLD is really pretty, but it is the only case I have ever purchased that I could not get on the phone (and I have had a lot of cases). It was REALLY stiff. Perhaps they have been improved since I got mine, however.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Hey guys, I've been looking at a ton of video and written reviews, and I still can't make my mind up between the two. I'm looking for the one that has more of a 'rubbery' and 'grippy' feel to it. I regret buying the Speck CandyShell because it's so slippery! Did Speck ever release a newer version of the Pixelskin HD case that is not 'loose'? I've seen a lot of people here complain about the fit. Also, some reviewers claim the OVRMLD to have a rubbery texture, but on the other hand others claim it to be plastic-y, so I'm kind of confused.

So if there is anyone out there who has experienced both and could tell me which one is better, that would be great.

If you're looking at TPU cases like the Pixelskin, check out Diztronic. Their matte TPU case is my favorite so far. I tried cases from Incipio, Belkin, and Speck, and none of these were as good as the $9 Diztronic case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.