Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soyuppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Not sure what else to do. Appreciate any suggestion outside from the usual redsn0w & tinyumbrella that suggest by many.

Currently, the phone is stuck in Recovery Mode. Whenever I turn it on, the iTune icon would pop up asking me to connect to iTune. Letting iTune (latest & greatest) does its work to restore the device only to result in error on the last part of the the restore. Observing the progress bar and message from itune, "restoring iphone firmware..."...then boom error message dialog box pop up. see attach.

It's a long story how the phone got into this mode. But it has never been jail broken. It was running the latest IOS 7.0.4.

How can I get pass this? I've read many threads/posting across all forums. Tried all the suggesting about using other tools like Redsn0w & tiny umbrella. Most of the discussion center on that the phone is still function. In my case, it appear to be a brick because I can't get out of the "recovery mode"

oh...yeah...warranty expired 2 days ago :(

Attachments

• restore_fail.png
    restore_fail.png
    21 KB · Views: 1,117

harrisonw1998

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
Try reinstalling iTunes on the computer and trying again. Otherwise make an appointment at the Apple Store Genius Bar. They might help you if it just expired. I know some people who have experiences of them being lenient if it expired very recently so get there ASAP.

YionGeo

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
my iphone 4s is in recovery mode, this happened after i shut my phone off during a software update. i've tried to hold the middle and top botton at the same time too get it out of recovery mode but it just goes back to the same screen (connect phone to itunes). im running off ios 7. ive tried to use different chargers, my itunes is the latest verision, and ive tried resetting my computer (mac). i dont want to lose all my data by restoring my phone and i didnt back up my phone to my computer. ive been trying to figure out my problem by googling everything but i cant seem to get my phone out of recovery mode. im thinking i might have messed the software up by turning my phone off while doing an update and it is forcing me to restore the phone. i have an appt at the genuis bar in a few days but would rather see if someone on here could help me out instead of driving an hour to this store.

hoping someone will be able to help...

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
my iphone 4s is in recovery mode, this happened after i shut my phone off during a software update. i've tried to hold the middle and top botton at the same time too get it out of recovery mode but it just goes back to the same screen (connect phone to itunes). im running off ios 7. ive tried to use different chargers, my itunes is the latest verision, and ive tried resetting my computer (mac). i dont want to lose all my data by restoring my phone and i didnt back up my phone to my computer. ive been trying to figure out my problem by googling everything but i cant seem to get my phone out of recovery mode. im thinking i might have messed the software up by turning my phone off while doing an update and it is forcing me to restore the phone. i have an appt at the genuis bar in a few days but would rather see if someone on here could help me out instead of driving an hour to this store.

hoping someone will be able to help...
You literally have no option but to restore.

Walkerana

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2014
FIXED!!!! For me anyway, and I hope for you!

So I tried to update to ios 7 and after downloading the software itunes tried to update my iPad 3. I recieved the error 3004 and was stuck in the "Connect to iTunes" screen and could not get out of it. Completely annoyed!

But then I remembered something from when I used to fiddle with iphones. I opened a program I had called TinyUmbrella, which can be used to force boot out of recovery mode (the "connect to itunes" screen).

My ipad was still connected to itunes and in recovery mode. I opened TinyUmbrella, selected my ipad (which was just shown by the serial number), then clicked "Exit Recovery" and BAM!!! It immediately kicked my out of the recovery screen and started my ipad back up to my home screen.

Now, my ipad was still on 6.1.3 since the update to ios 7 had failed. But I didn't care, my ipad was fully functional again just like I left it before. Thank God for TinyUmbrella! Here's the CNET link for TinyUmbrella if you need it:

http://download.cnet.com/TinyUmbrella/3000-18545_4-75766724.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.