Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
So, i had 7.0.4 jailbroken on my last iphone. I got it replaced because the home button was going out and it wasnt reading my sim card. The replcement phone came with 7.1. It was laggy even when using it vanilla. So i restored to 7.1.2. Laggy even when it was non jailbroken as well. Restored to 7.1.1. Terrible both jailbroken and vanilla. To unlock the phone, if i press the sleep button to wake it, it turns on then off after i press the button like 5 times. Then if i press the home button, it activates siri instead of waking my phone. The only OS thats being signed right now that doesnt lag horribly is 8.0... This is ridiculous.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Something happened to your backup, it may have been something from the jailbreak, try using Reset All Settings.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Nope. Still very bad performance. Im going to give apple a call because i so just noticed a display defect as well. I swear apple is getting crappier and crappier.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Something is wrong with your backup or the replacement phone. My iPhone 5 is on 7.1.2 and is running just fine. Never been jail broken.

Try restoring fresh with no backup. Sync contacts from iCloud and redownload apps from the App Store. If it works after that you should be able to jailbreak no problem.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Something is wrong with your backup or the replacement phone. My iPhone 5 is on 7.1.2 and is running just fine. Never been jail broken.

Try restoring fresh with no backup. Sync contacts from iCloud and redownload apps from the App Store. If it works after that you should be able to jailbreak no problem.

tried that too. idk. maybe i just got really unlucky with 2 phones, or maybe it was a change in 7.1 that makes the lock screen come on slower.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
tried that too. idk. maybe i just got really unlucky with 2 phones, or maybe it was a change in 7.1 that makes the lock screen come on slower.

Not sure. My lock screen has locked up once or twice where it won't open. Only thing I could was turn off my phone and turn it back on.

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
If it lags straight out of the box just return it immediately. It should not do this and Apple will easily replace such a device without question.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
If it lags straight out of the box just return it immediately. It should not do this and Apple will easily replace such a device without question.

It doesn't, it lags when restoring the backup from the previously jailbroken iOS 7 with iOS 7 (jailbroken or otherwise).

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
You have complained about this issue in the Jailbreak, iOS 8, and now iOS 7 forums. Give it a rest and stop starting new threads in different places for the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.