Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

langf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Title says it all basically. I downloaded the iOS 9.0.1 IPSW file and tried to restore through iTunes, but iTunes tells me the file is not compatible. iTunes unpacks the IPSW file and prepares everything but then I get that error message.

Also, I want to grab the shsh blobs of my iPhone 5 just in case something comes out in the future that makes downgrading possible. I downloaded TinyUmbrella and it recognises my iPhone but it doesn't download the files. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi guys,

Title says it all basically. I downloaded the iOS 9.0.1 IPSW file and tried to restore through iTunes, but iTunes tells me the file is not compatible.
You can either stay with 7.0.2 or update to 9.3.2. There are no possibilities to upgrade to anything in between.

langf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
You can either stay with 7.0.2 or update to 9.3.2. There are no possibilities to upgrade to anything in between.

Perfect response, thank you! What about the shsh blobs, any way I can extract them?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perfect response, thank you! What about the shsh blobs, any way I can extract them?
Those don't really apply or play a role these days (at least not with iPhones beyond iPhone 4 or 4s and iOS versions beyond iOS 6, if not even earlier).

langf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Those don't really apply or play a role these days (at least not with iPhones beyond iPhone 4 or 4s and iOS versions beyond iOS 6, if not even earlier).
Yeah I know but could I extract mine just in case. You never know what can happen in the future regarding any potential exploits

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.