Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
has a iphone 5C owner if IOS 9 is this going to be for huge’ stability and optimization focus i think this will make a lot of iphone 5 and 5C owners happy this will be a vary big deal with A6 and A6X chip with IOS 9 but if you own a iphone 5S or newer i dont think you will noted it vary march has you will on iphone 5 or 5C

so i think IOS 9 will be big news for iphone 5 and 5C owners if IOS 9 wil this focus on huge’ stability and optimization perform

so am %100 sure that iphone 5 and 5C will get IOS 9 this year for that re son

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
has a iphone 5C owner if IOS 9 is this going to be for huge’ stability and optimization focus i think this will make a lot of iphone 5 and 5C owners happy this will be a vary big deal with A6 and A6X chip with IOS 9 but if you own a iphone 5S or newer i dont think you will noted it vary march has you will on iphone 5 or 5C

so i think IOS 9 will be big news for iphone 5 and 5C owners if IOS 9 wil this focus on huge’ stability and optimization perform

Every major update since 2007 has always been slower than the previous version. I don't see how iOS 9 could be the first exception in almost 10 years.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
that is not true

iOS 8 is slower than iOS 7 which is slower than iOS 6 which is slower than iOS 5, ecc...

It's something you don't notice on the latest iPhone (because it's designed for the latest operative system). Just use an older one (like the 5 or the 4s) and you will agree.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
i had a 5 before this 6, it ran all the ios 8 betas & gm, its not slower. talking about how the 3g etc suffered, look how old the device was, thats apples fault? the 3gs's last update was much better thant he 3g's, the 4's was better than the 3gs's, the 4s is still going. the days of "slow" are done.

but as always theres those that complain/troll about how "slow" ios 8 is on an iphone 6..& ios 9 will have the same thing everyone will hate it, will praise ios 8, yet here we are with ios 8 & its "slow":rolleyes:

take it as u wish

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
i had a 5 before this 6, it ran all the ios 8 betas & gm, its not slower. talking about how the 3g etc suffered, look how old the device was, thats apples fault? the 3gs's last update was much better thant he 3g's, the 4's was better than the 3gs's, the 4s is still going. the days of "slow" are done.

but as always theres those that complain/troll about how "slow" ios 8 is on an iphone 6..& ios 9 will have the same thing everyone will hate it, will praise ios 8, yet here we are with ios 8 & its "slow":rolleyes:

take it as u wish
You can find the comparisons on YouTube and you will see that iOS 8 is slower than iOS 7 on iPhone 5. I'm talking about facts, not conjectures.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
You can find the comparisons on YouTube and you will see that iOS 8 is slower than iOS 7 on iPhone 5. I'm talking about facts, not conjectures.

Nope, iOS 5 and 6 make that statement untrue, iOS 6 runs better than 5. Also some updates bring improvements like 7.1 did.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
Nope, iOS 5 and 6 make that statement untrue, iOS 6 runs better than 5. Also some updates bring improvements like 7.1 did.

iOS 6 is slower than iOS 5 on iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS, for example. Some little differences can be noticed on iPhone 4S, too.

iOS 7.1 is not included in my statement, since it's not a major update, but an incremental one to iOS 7. It's obvious that a x.1 or x.2 update brings improvements.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I have high hopes for iOS 9. Apple has never slipped so far wth quality control before, iOS 7/8 got the main features out of the way, and I think they've been waiting for iOS 9 to polish up the new shiny design and much needed features. Plus, many very reputable sources have reported that it very well could be a performance update.

iOS 9 will still add stuff of course, just not huge groundbreaking features that will break other things too much or cause horrendous performance issues. Main thing on my mind is Dark Mode, and some other cosmetic improvements (possibly taking ques from OS X Yosemite). Some animations or menus could potentially be adjusted for performance and efficiency. Those are my main wishes for the next major revision of iOS.

I'm pretty satisfied with the features that are brought to the table with iOS 7 and 8. Yeah, it always would be nice to have new ones, but I'm good for now. Please, Apple, just make the great stuff you've added even greater. Keep sending feedback relating to this, Apple.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Every major update since 2007 has always been slower than the previous version. I don't see how iOS 9 could be the first exception in almost 10 years.
iOS 6 was faster than iOS 5.

However, there have been rumors iOS 9 will have a strong focus on optimization and bug fixing. If that is true, you can expect iOS 9 to be faster on A6-devices.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
iOS 6 was faster than iOS 5.

However, there have been rumors iOS 9 will have a strong focus on optimization and bug fixing. If that is true, you can expect iOS 9 to be faster on A6-devices.

Not true. On iPhone 3GS (random example) iOS 5 was faster than iOS 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

As I recall many found iOS 6 quite good on 3GS and even better than iOS 5 or 4 in many ways.

----------

So a pure rumor and basically mostly a guess and hopeful thinking gives 100% confidence that something else will happen. That's some "interesting" logic there.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011

Still have the 3GS kicking around on 6.. It's actually faster. Not groundbreaking but still better than 5.1. Plus with features like do not disturb, it was a nice update.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Still have the 3GS kicking around on 6.. It's actually faster. Not groundbreaking but still better than 5.1. Plus with features like do not disturb, it was a nice update.

Agreed. There was a performance improvement between 5 and 6 on the 3GS.

The 5 barely reduced in performance from 6 to 7 and there was only a minimal drop from 7 to 8.

The 4S was pretty similar in performance from 5 to 6 and even to 7.

The point is that some iOS updates have pretty much performed identically. In addition to that no version of iOS has actually been focused on improving performance.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012

I downgraded my 3GS to 4.1 and the difference is night and day. In my experience, iOS6 was absolutely terrible on 3GS.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I downgraded my 3GS to 4.1 and the difference is night and day. In my experience, iOS6 was absolutely terrible on 3GS.

Provide you do a settings reset every couple of months, iOS 6 on the 3GS isn't bad at all. I use it every day as my music player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.