Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LUAI-SH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Hello everybody.

I have a strange problem with my iPhone SS. and it happened twice.

When I play heavy graphical game like Infinity blade III, the iPhone temperature
increased until it feels hot. If that happened, my iPhone won't charge when I connect the cable. Even if i try to connect it to my laptop, iTunes can't discover it.

The only way to charge it is completely drain the battery. Then connect it to the charger. If I do so, my iPhone returns to work fine.

Is this normal?
Did any one report like this problem?
Is it a HW or SW problem?

We don't have Apple retail store in our country. So I do not know what to do.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
What happens when you let the iPhone cool down after you play the game? Does it still not charge?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Do a reset (hold down home and sleep buttons until logo appears). It sounds like a process needs killed. :) The goal of this is to allow you to charge your phone without needing the battery to completely discharge. Both accomplish the same thing (terminating all processes).

Why it is happening is Phase II.

LUAI-SH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
I tried the reset method but it didn't work. I also couldn't put the phone in the recovery mode since the phone won't recognize the cable when plugged in.

The phone also won't charge even when the "sign of the low battery" is displayed.

HT1476-ios7-battery_trap_connect_to_power-001-en.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uipn4sp963rbax4/HT1476-ios7-battery_trap_connect_to_power-001-en.png

It will only charge when the battery is completely dead.(nothing is displayed)

Hopefully it's not a hardware issue.
Thank you for your answers.

calbear92

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
I would make a Genius Bar appt at the your local Apple Store for your 5S. That's the only way to rule out a hardware issue.

But you also, take a quick look into the lightning cable connector end of the iPhone. Is there an accumulation of lint? If so, carefully take a bent paperclip to remove it and then use some compressed air.

If you are concerned at all doing this, then just let Apple do it at your visit.

Good luck-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.