Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhargavdas100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2017
i have an iphone 5s on ios 10.3.2 and i'm facing a strange problem of random restarts now then. The phone becomes unusable for few minutes then it turns back on and after few minutes it again switches off and gets stuck on bootloop.
Can anyone here help me with my problem please?

I have tried force restart and have also the whole ios 10.3.2 by downloading all those 2.3gb data but the problem hasn't been solved.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Ah so you have reset and set up as new and users mac/pc to install iOS? Did you do a dfu restore?

If you have then you have ruled out software and pretty much pointed it toward something hardware related.

bhargavdas100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2017
Ah so you have reset and set up as new and users mac/pc to install iOS? Did you do a dfu restore?

If you have then you have ruled out software and pretty much pointed it toward something hardware related.
what is a DFU restore?

and hardware problems there might be?

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
what is a DFU restore?

and hardware problems there might be?

It's basically the cleanest install you can do. Pretty sure your phone is fully wiped and the iOS software is downloaded there and then and flashed onto the device whereas a simple reset phone and start afresh doesn't wipe the system files underneath.

Mainly battery related but could be anything. If you at least do a dfu install and restore your backup you can monitor for few days. Then if still happening dfu again and then set up as new.

If still happening Apple Store is a stones throw away and you can get it checked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.