Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleShinobi000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
Ok so up until now the iPhone S line always seems to bring a killer feature, the 3GS brought Video Recording, the 4S brought Siri and the 5S is highly rumored to bring a Fingerprint Scanner.
So besides from security upgrades, what could a Fingerprint scanner actually bring to the table that could be that useful?

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Depends on the Apple API and what they're willing to let it do and not do. I remember a few years ago it was big on windows laptops. Used to sign into websites stuff like that but got old fast.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Log into a bank account or email account...Paypal said they would like to see Apple make this happen.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
It would probably be a little "gimmick" that would die fast.... I mean look at Siri, I don't know a single person who actually uses Siri daily. I mean sure sometimes its cool, but no one uses it as Apple hoped people would.
Also, from what I've heard at least, it may take a while to scan your fingerprint.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
SIRI is a work in progress, and will be for quite a while. Just like Dragon Natural Speaking software that was not and still not 100% perfect.

FingerPrint scanner will be a blessing for those that log on numerous times a day, but hope Apple will have done some homework to make it work over the desktop versions. No one knows yet. Stay tuned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.