Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajuvignesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Chennai
Hi all,

I recently purchased an iphone 5s. The phone is awesome. But I'm really worried about the battery life. I have turned icloud off, background app refresh off, fewer notifications, email in manual fetch mode and every other possible settings to get good battery life. I have switched off the wifi and cellular data before going to sleep. The next day I saw 10% battery drain in 10 hours of sleep. The standby time was increased by 10 hours while the usage time remained the same. Is this normal?

sorry for my english.

please help me.

Thanks in advance,

regards
ajuvignesh

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hi all,

I recently purchased an iphone 5s. The phone is awesome. But I'm really worried about the battery life. I have turned icloud off, background app refresh off, fewer notifications, email in manual fetch mode and every other possible settings to get good battery life. I have switched off the wifi and cellular data before going to sleep. The next day I saw 10% battery drain in 10 hours of sleep. The standby time was increased by 10 hours while the usage time remained the same. Is this normal?

sorry for my english.

please help me.

Thanks in advance,

regards
ajuvignesh

Standby time is the time the device has been unplugged from the charger since last full charge. Usage is the time that the device has been doing something, whether in the background or screen on time, again since last full charge.

With that being said, you are saying that your battery dropped 10%, but your usage time did not increase, or your usage time increased 10 hours as well? If its the latter, and the usage time AND stand by time both increased 10 hours, you have a stuck app. A simple power off/on or hard restart will fix that problem.

Copypaste from other thread:
Check if you have iCloud Keychain turned on. My phone was draining 20% overnight without use 100% -> 80% (every night). Slowly deleted app by app, diagnosed with Genius Bar, swapped replacement phone, setup as new, etc nothing helped. Turned off iCloud Keychain completely, using 1password, phone battery is amazing again!

OP said iCloud is off. But I think you might have just had a bug. I've been using iCloud keychains for years, have never experienced any battery drain on any of my devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.