Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chung123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
NYC
Over the last couple weeks, I've noticed that Siri would somehow get triggered on my iPhone 6 while in my front pocket when I sit or squat.

I don't have "Hey Siri" engaged so I thought it was really strange. (I've been on the Public Beta program so that I thought it was just the beta being funny). Even with Siri disabled in system preferences...voice control would still trigger which should have been a clue.

So today, I wiped the phone and restored it and then realized the issue remains. I thought it might be a dirty home button. As I wiped down the home button with a cloth, I realized that I could actually wake the phone by pressing the glass to the left and right of home button! I couldn't believe it.

I will likely make an appointment with the Apple Store and see what they say unless you guys/gals have some ideas.
Here is a unlisted video I just made to show this issue:

Chung123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
NYC
take it to apple
Just came back from the Apple Store and they said the issue was the home button. It cost $109 plus tax for the complete screen replacement. I assume button is part of it the screen assembly. *Sigh* Yes, I should have gotten Apple care. But $79 up front vs. $109 now. At least it's fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.